Skip to main content

ANNIVERSARY POST: 5 THING I LEARN FROM BESTFOODJKT

Today, 18 October 2016, marked two years since I started entering food photography and food styling world.


how time flies..

If you told 16 years old me, she wouldn't believe the 20 years old me actually doing her passion.
She would laugh at you with hesitation. Starting with a pocket camera my dad brought me, and finally held my own mirrorless camera. Starting with zero experience in camera and photography to understands what P, A, S, M, C mode stand for and what is the meaning behind ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed.

1. Learn to make A LOT of new friend.

New friends means new connection where it could possibly land you a job in the future. Being in a field when you actually like what you did is a bliss.

Imagine this, in High School you get to be friends with people who may perhaps don't want to be in class, but they did because they parents want them to. In this field, I get to know people who have the same passion for food and photography. I can develop myself more here.

2. Learn to communicate with others, formally as well as informally.

Restaurant often email me regarding some invitation or collaboration, and because of that we HAVE TO reply them formally because it's a work for both of us. In the other hand when you reach the venue, you have to communicate with others too, the PR / Marketing manager and fellows photographer and blogger.

3. Learn about FOOD itself - the ingredient.

I know nothing about food when i first started this. All i know is I like good foods, and colorful foods are more appealing on plate. because I have to let all my readers know what is on the plate, sometimes I look at the menu itself or I ask the server directly what ingredient they use.

4. Learn to say NO - lots of them

Saying 'No' I grew up in school where the teach all things the teacher ask you to do, you do without question. In this world sometimes I have to sacrifices some invitation for my health, my family, or my university life. Sometimes class schedules clash with invitation, in the other time I have too many photo I haven't edit. 

5. Learn to STOP procrastination

I tend to do my works day -3, and sometimes I forgot that maybe on that exact day I have 3 paper I have to submits. Most of the time, I personally like to say "I'll do that later, when I'm in the mood" and that 'later' always cause me 3 hours of my sleep. Having 2 different roles, makes me realize that one simply affect the other.

I'll always keep in mind..

"In the end you have to get all of your task done. no matter what mood you're in right now,
It's better do them early rather than late" 


LET US CONNECT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JAKARTA - Food Delivery selama DIRUMAH AJA (Indonesia lawan COVID-19)

Sejak di temukan kasus pertama Corona Virus di Indonesia tanggal 2 Maret 2019, angka positif dan kematian karena virus Covid-19 terus bertambah seiring dengan berjalannya waktu. Berbagai upaya dilakukan mulai dari himbauan #dirumahaja, social distancing  penyesuaian jam buka sampai penutupan sementara tempat hiburan untuk mencegah penyebaran virus covid-19. Untuk mensupport bisnis makanan yang selama ini sudah membantu perkembangan BestFoodJKT, kami mengumpulkan informasi mengenai beberapa Restoran yang saat ini bisa di pesan secara online baik melalui aplikasi maupun delivery in-house dari pihak restoran. Ada pula beberapa restoran yang memberikan promo untuk pembelian take away atau melalui aplikasi online. Ingat juga kalau petugas delivery saat ini sangat membantu kita menyuplai makanan #dirumahaja. Jangan lupa beri tips ya, karena kamu bisa di rumah saja sedangkan mereka tidak bisa! Promo untuk take away & delivery  1.  Pancake Co by dore Diskon 40% dan FREE DELIVE

AFTERNOON SOIRÉE BAKERZIN X VALRHONA

We were invited to the Afternoon Soiree a launching of enchanting sweet and pleasures [read more to find out ;)] event last Friday, along with other bloggers and media. We’ll give you some highlight from the event, but before we went further let give you a bit background of Valrhona and Bakerzin. Valrhona is a premium chocolate manufactured in the small town of Tain-l’Hemitage, It was founded by Alberic Guironnet, a French pastry chef in 1922. Valrhona is one of the leading producers for dark chocolate and their products are widely used in Michelin Restaurants. While Bakerzin as one of Boga Group member (ehem my family’s favorite fnb group, grandma ‘s favorite for tea time, sis’s favorite pepper lunch and daddy’s favorite xiao long bao) which is also the holding company for  Shaburi, Kintan, Pepper Lunch, Master Wok, Paradise Dynasty, Paradise Inn and their latest Onokabe. Boga currently operates 130 outlets, and expecting to grow 10 more outlets by the end of 2

DAPUR SERUNDENG - BIAK ROXY

Halo! Sudah lama ya kita ga ngepost di blog. Sedikit update, kita lagi hectic - hectic nya sama skripsi kuliah, tapi selama ini kita masih aktif di instagram dan untuk review singkat kita post di nibble . Nah buat kamu yang sekarang lagi baca blog ini, terima kasih ya udah jadi pengikut setia BestFoodJKT. kita gak akan ada tanpa bantuan kalian! Di blog kali ini kita bakal kasih kalian quick review mengenai restoran yang ada di Jalan Biak, yaitu Dapur Serundeng. Kalian udah ada yang tau belom? Kalau kamu tau, kasih tau kita dong biasanya makan apa kalau kesini, lewat komen yang ada di bawah blog ini ya! Kalau kamu mau cari lokasi dapur serundeng di biak, kita saranin kamu cari dari seberangnya dulu, cari “bank mestika” nah dapur serundeng itu pas ada di seberangnya! Logonya gak gitu keliatan kalau dilihat sekilas, jadi dicari pelan-pelan ya ^^ Dapur serundeng di jalan biak ini terletak di ruko, dan ada 2 lantai yang digunakan untuk restorannya, untuk lantai